Apply For New York State Unemployment
New York State Unemployment Assistance
New York State claim applicants will be asked a series of different questions pertaining to their claimant status, such as:
- Did you quit your job or were you laid off?
- Have you refused work that was offered to you after losing your previous employment?
- Are you physically able to work full-time?
- Were you self-employed?
First-time claim applicants in NYS will also require all applicants to state all hours and wages earned while they were employed, in addition to any Worker's Compensation payments earned, bonuses, profit sharing, or commissions in salary obtained during employment.
All filing applicants are required to include whether or not they have applied for retirement compensation in the online application (in which case benefits would be reduced, depending on each claimant).
New York State Unemployment Tax
- Common Reasons for Ineligibility:
- If you quit your job without "good cause".
- If you are fired due to misconduct.
- If you refuse to work without "good cause" to.
- If you file for a claim while already being employed.
- If you are not working because of a strike or type of industry/labor dispute. Exceptions can be made during a "lockout".
- In some cases, if you suffer from a loss of work due to a strike even though you are not involved with the strike, you cannot collect New York State state benefits.
Extended New York State Benefits: Extended compensation may be awarded to applicants who maintain all eligibility requirements and/or pursue New York State Career Training during their time unemployed.
Regarding Filing Mistakes: Any mistake made during the New York State claims process can be corrected by simply press the "back" button on your browser to correct your answer.
New York State Unemployment Insurance Law
Individuals who file state are required to file a weekly claim certification no longer than 2 weeks from the end of the calender week currently being claimed.
NY Eligibility | Rate in NY | Benefits in NY | NY Insurance