Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency
Michigan Unemployment Forms
Applicants who file for compensation will receive via mail:
- Information confirming their eligibility for benefits, including the amount of compensation they are to receive on a weekly basis.
- Separate notices will be issued for claimants who do not qualify within 2 weeks of applying.
- All approved claimants will receive detailed information about regarding state UI rights, as well as responsibilities needed in order to maintain their eligibility.
Marvin Michigan Unemployment
- Compensation qualifications begin with your previous earnings. All applicants must meet a minimal wage amount to qualify for benefits.
- In 2012, the yearly minimum salary an applicant must have to meet eligibility is $14,699.25.
- Claimants must be physically able to work.
- Claimants must register with a local Michigan Works Agency, or show proof of active job searching attempts. Registering with a local Michigan Works Agency must be completed in person at a Michigan office location (after filing a claim).
Michigan Unemployment Qualifications
- Compensation is received by check via mail, weekly.
- The first compensation check received covers the first 2 weeks of benefits.
- Claimants are expected to report on a weekly basis via phone or internet in order to maintain their certification eligibility.
- Typically, applicants are compensated 50% of their previous job earnings.
For individuals who are employed WHILE collecting Michigan benefits:
If a claimant's total earnings are more than or equal to their weekly benefits amount, benefits will be reduced by .50 for every $1.00 made.
MI Eligibility | Rate in MI | Benefits in MI | MI Insurance